03 May 2012

1000 Gifts Joy Dare!!


Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well. Today I would like to start sharing with you my 1000 Gifts Joy Dare. A while ago my mother read a book by Ann Voskamp called 1000 Gifts. In this book Ann share and encourage how to be thankful. When life is busy and tough, it’s natural to think of all the negative things. In 1000 Gifts, Ann shares about her life, with no happy start, and how she changed her empty life by filling it with thoughts of thankfulness. 
She also has a 1000 Gifts Joy Dare over on her blog A Holy Experience. To count 1000 gifts in 2012! Snap 3 photos or record 3 gifts every day for a year and you have over 1000 gifts to be thankful for. Each month Ann posts a list for everyday with a suggestion of what you could look out for. Here is this month’s Joy dare:
You can read some more about it on Ann’s blog, here.
My mother downloaded a free iPhone app to record the 1000 gifts which allows you to record your gifts not only through words, but pictures and videos too! Since I don’t have an iPhone, I decided to take pictures with our camera and post my three or more gifts for that day on my blog!
I’ve already experience the miracle of change in my emotions by being thankful in a challenging, sad situation! Read more about it here, where I blogged about being thankful.
Now Yesterday's (2nd May) 3 gifts were 3 gifts flat.
Here are the three (or more) gifts I found:

#1 A story book to read.
#2 Flat cards made.
#3 Warm winter clothes, hanging flat in a row.
#4 A flat screen computer.
#5 A school book, to learn from.
I hope I can encourage you to be find 3 gifts everyday to be thankful for!




Here is June’s Gifts:



Thankful Greetings

3 comments:

  1. Ek is mal oor jou "flat screen"... Leticia se idee van plat en platter was 'n "laptop"!

    Mag jou Joy nie opraak nie en jy geen "flat tyres or flat days" ervaar in hierdie jaar van uitdagings nie!

    Liefde daar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like to start...it is always good to remain joyful and thankful!!

    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea, but I think I found it to late. I could try to find three from my life right now though.
    #1 That my parents, love me so much, and allow me to learn piano, and exams.
    #2 That God invented music, and that I can play to worship him.
    #3 For my baby sister, who can always make me smile.

    The reason that I commented, was to tell you the I love your choice of books, Karen Kingsbury is so inspiring.

    God Bless

    P.S. I hope you made it this far, it was a bit longer than I intended.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails