06 January 2010

A Special Gift

My friend Kelly-Anne Gray turned 13th on Sunday so I made her a birthday card.
Here I have written more about Kelly and her family.
When I wanted to wrap her gift, we only had Christmas gift wrapping paper! (I am not someone who would wrap a birthday gift with Christmas paper!)
So my mom suggested that we make her a gift bag!


We took apart a gift bag that we had, to find out how to construct our own.
You need quite a big peace of paper.
I used Scrapbook paper but I had to join two pieces together.
The holes for the ribbon, I made with a normal puncher and then put scrapbook eyelets in, that it would not tear.




I made the bag out of the same paper range as the gift card.



We celebrated Kelly-Anne’s 13th birthday with High Tea at the Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town.
Our girls, her mother, my mother, her Grandma and Aunt enjoyed the spoil at the Hotel tremendously!
We had plates full of the most delicious cakes, finger pies, éclairs and cucumber sandwiches.


We also tried out a few different herb and fruit teas!


This was a memory making event for us girls!




Crafty greetings

3 comments:

  1. Hello Heidi-Mari! Thank you for my gift and card! It is such a sweet photo of Beth, Nancy, you and me drinking tea! Crafty Greetings to you too!

    Love
    Kelly-Anne
    x xx x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so kind, it's fantastic that you're not using christmas paper! My birthday is very close to christmas and everytime I get a birthday gift in christmas papers, I really could crying!

    But I'm here to say ... Congratulations on winning my Blog Candy at the Friday Sketchers Blog Hop! Your card is wonderful!

    Have a great weekend, Hugs Tanja
    (Friday Sketchers DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tanja
    Welcome as follower on my blog! It is a great privilege to have you as a follower!
    Thank you so much for choosing my card as your blog candy winner! It is such a big surprise so early in the year, and made my day!
    I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a blessed, crafty year ahead.
    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails